
Ready for school.

Apparently, O is not a morning person.
Poor thing--just like her mommy and daddy.

Still so sleepy!
Olivia was born 12 weeks ago today, which meant that it was time for me to return to work. The day I've been dreading has arrived. So, O started "school" today, after only a 3 hour practice run yesterday while I went to the doctor. Being the wonderfully organized mom that I am, I got a call from her teacher yesterday right as I got into the room at my doctor's office telling me that I'd forgotten the nipples for all of the bottles. Now, I'd remembered to bring a stockpile of diapers, wipes, formula, blankets, a mobile for her crib, a change of clothes, burp cloths, pacis, and the bottles themselves, but of course, forgot one of the most important pieces. Good thing we did that practice run! I had to rush through my appointment to pick her up and feed her. It worked out okay--they let her sleep longer than usual so she was just waking up when I got there. This morning Colin and I both went to drop her off. It went much more smoothly, and I feel entirely comfortable with her daycare and teachers, but it was just really tough putting her down and leaving her for such a long time. We both did well, though. She had a great day at school, and I had a surprisingly good day at work--just a few small tears on my part, but no major meltdowns from either of us! ;-)
A quick 12 week recap on Olivia:
- I've always said she's handsy, but this week her hands have really developed more of a purpose. She can get her hands to her mouth when she tries, and she's started grabbing at things more. Plus I'll catch her wiggling her fingers and toes and checking them out.
- She's increasingly interested in her play mat and things dangling above her.
- She's started "singing along" when I sing to her. She won't give up her paci to participate, though. She sings around it. I'm going to have to quickly review some favorite children's songs--I can only remember the chorus to a few, and I'm probably getting most of those wrong.
- We're still having some occasional reflux issues, but it's much better now that she's on Zantac.
- Still the prettiest, sweetest, best baby who ever lived!
I'm so glad you had a great first day back, and things went so well for both of you!
ReplyDelete