



"Hey, this bumbo's kind of fun!"

"But my head's getting a little heavy, Mom."

"Get me out of this torture contraption!"

"Daddy and my paci to the rescue."

"Daddy's a weirdo."
The nurse at the clinic convinced me, against my better judgement, that I should bring her in to see the doctor--I really didn't want her in the same waiting room with flu kids, but they gave me the first appointment of the day so we'd be the only ones there. I talked to this doctor for a while (this was the first time we'd seen this particular doctor), and he said that if I didn't think the Zantac was working well, I could just take her off of it. (INSIGHTFUL!) He also said that I could try switching her to soy, but that she obviously didn't have a milk allergy. (SO, WHY SWITCH?!) When I said that I'd heard Prevacid works better for a lot of babies and that I'd like to try that, he said that she cried only a relatively small portion of her day, and that they didn't put babies on Prevacid unless they cried all day long every day. (SERIOUSLY?!) As he sent me on my way with no more information than before, I noticed on my billing sheet under "Diagnosis" he had hand written "fussy baby." (YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!) I may be switching clinics now.
To top the week off, the Hogs let Houston Dale and the Rebels run all over us. We're so much better than that, but just didn't show up for the game Saturday.
Oh, and Colin had to clean off our computer a couple of weeks ago because it was being slow, so when he plugged in my iPhone to update it yesterday, I lost everything--contacts, apps, photos, everything!
Now that I've vented, there have been a few good moments this week. Some were caught in the pictures above. Also:
1. Colin and I had our 4th anniversary, and he babysat while I got to have a massage! I really needed that!
2. Hillary had little Miss Arden Grace on our anniversary, and I was so excited to meet her. Holding her really did make my day. She was very close to O's birth weight, and I totally forgot just how teensy that is! She and Olivia are going to have so much fun together.
3. Got a text this morning from Tami saying that baby K's on his way. I'm so excited to meet this little guy too!
For those who don't know, Hillary, Tami and I work together in an office of only 11 people, and were all pregnant at the same time. I just made it back from maternity leave, and now they're both out!
I second that! You should switch clinics for sure or at least doctors! I can't believe he really told you that!!!!!! (That she didn't cry all day so don't put her on prevacid)Why would you want your baby to cry all day!!!!??? That just made me mad reading it so I know it made you angry!! Mallory had bad reflux until about 12 or 13 mos. She was on reglan and prevacid and the combo did great on her! She was also on soy since a few days after she was born and that helped a lot too! Hope ya'll are doing good. Congrats on becoming an aunt, too!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing! One of my friends had a very similar experience with her daughter's doctor. I hope you find the right one for O soon! By the way, she's just precious and she looks to have grown so much!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Miss O has gotten so big! And I agree that if you're not comfortable with the clinic/doctor, you need to find another one - after all, it's your daughter (& money)!
ReplyDelete