Sunday, July 18, 2010

4th of July Vacation

We spent the entire weekend of the 4th through the following weekend in Hot Springs at the condo, with the exception of two days in which Colin and I had to come back to Fayetteville for work.  Olivia stayed and played in Hot Springs, and I know she had a fabulous time with Bub, CC, Lila and Sarah.  I talked to her on the phone quite a bit, which is fun because she's vocal enough to feel like you're carrying on a conversation with her, despite the lack of real words.  It was very strange being home without her--we've been away from her for a couple of nights before, but we were always out of town and not in our usual routine.  I called one night and while I was talking to my mom and dad while they were all out on the boat, I could hear her throwing a fit in the background.  When I asked what they were doing to my baby, they said, "We've been sharing our cherry Slush Puppie with her, and she wants more."  Yep, they got my baby hooked on cherry Slush Puppie before she was even a year old.  I'm pretty sure she's going to have her daddy's sweet tooth.  We got to spend some quality time with Trixie and all the cousins' kids while we were in Hot Springs too.  Here are lots of pictures from our little family vacation.


Paci thief.  She's really starting to get a reputation about this.  
And look how proud of herself she is.



All the little cousins seem much less impressed with her steal than she was.






Last year the boat ride and the life jacket put her right to sleep.  
This year she finds it much less comfy...
...and more wobbly.


First kool-aid popsicle.




Think she has a sweet tooth?!


Even the post-pop shower in the sink was fun.


Looking patriotic.


Lila loves America, too.


Sweet girls.


Not so sweet big cuz.


Not a fan of sitting on the grass.




The whole family at the lake.


This wasn't even Lake Hamilton's big fireworks show.  
We just watched the ones we could see from the condo, but they were pretty impressive.


Miss Mallory at the pool.  I think it was past her nap time.  


We managed to squeeze in a girls dinner at Fisherman's Wharf with the kiddos.  
We did not manage to get them smiling for the camera!
You'd never know it, but they all had a great time, were surprisingly well behaved and loved feeding the giant catfish and turtles off the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment