Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cabo

We also took a little couple's trip to Cabo. Thanks Pattersons for inviting us--we had SO much fun. We did a very poor job of taking pictures, but I took a few from Patty's Facebook and had a few on my phone.

Group shot: Jon, Renee, Brad, Kimberlin, Colin, me, Chad, Danielle, Mark, Patty


Swinging at the beach bar


Girls


Guys


So, there's a funny story behind the ice pictures that follow, as you can imagine. Our first night at the house, we turned the hot tub and its waterfall on...nights in Cabo are breezy and cool, even in August. But one-by-one, everyone went to bed, and no one had the presence of mind to turn the heat or the waterfall off. So the next morning, the entire pool was scorching from the all-night spillover. We're talking about hot tub temperatures through the whole pool, and it was getting hotter by the hour as the sun came out. (YUCK) We had the bright idea to send the guys for some ice blocks to cool down the pool, and within a couple of hours of "drinking and bathing", they were convinced it was worth a shot. Another hour and a half later (apparently, ice houses aren't on every corner in Cabo), they were back with a Suburban FULL of ice. The pics don't do justice to the amount or size of ice they hauled, because it was melting so quickly. Imagine a Suburban with the back seats down, and the entire back filled to the ceiling with ice. We probably only dropped about 5 degrees from all that ice, but it made the pool bearable, and it was back to normal after the next cool night.

This is probably less than 1/3 of what was in there.




I wish I had pictures of the house. It was AMAZING. And the house "keepers"--Fortunato and LuLu--were wonderful. Fortunato even cooked us the best dinner we had the whole trip on the last night we were there. Wishing I was back there now! Oh, and kudos to Kimberlin, who was carrying twins on this trip. She was maybe 13 weeks if I remember right and was a very patient designated driver...I'm sure she wanted to kill us all at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment