I think Colin really missed his girls, not to mention Otis, and we were happy to be back home on Sunday. I was a little nervous about my first full week home without my mom or Colin's mom, but we managed to make it through the week without any major incidents. Olivia had her 4-week weight check on Wednesday, and she's finally a big ole 7-pounder! The thrush seems to be 98% better now, which makes everything so much easier. I've started supplementing with just a little bit of formula because my supply didn't seem to be able to keep up with her appetite in the evenings, and that seems to be making her happier. Olivia's such a sweet, happy baby, and is rarely fussy apart from a couple of hours in the evenings. Since beginning the supplements and introducing a paci this week, even that fussiness has lessened. One night this week, Olivia actually slept for 7 straight hours! Colin woke me up at 4:30, asking if she'd eaten recently. I jumped up to make sure she was still breathing, despite the fact that our Angel Care Movement Monitor was flashing green as usual. (Side note: If you have or will be having a newborn, you should look into getting one of these monitors--SIDS is so scary, and this sure helps us sleep a little easier! Without it, I think I'd be out of bed checking on her every 5 minutes!) Of course, it's tough to see a tiny baby breathing in the dark, so I touched her cheek, got a little grunt out of her, and was thrilled to hop right back into bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment