Tuesday, September 15, 2009

2 months


"I look just like my daddy!"


Long Toes O
(One of these days I'm gong to get a picture of her flaring them out all the way!)


Olivia is two months old!  Here's what she's up to:
  • She's picked up a pretty reliable 3 hour feeding schedule.  She rarely misses that mark by more than 15 minutes either way during the day.  She's consistently finishing 4 oz, but doesn't seem interested in more than that.  
  • We're still working on making the nap times more consistent with the feedings--getting there slowly.  At night, she's sleeping 5-6 hours pretty consistently from her last feeding around 11 or 12.  This has been the case for a while, so I've been trying, unsuccessfully so far, to stretch that out a little bit.  
  • She's been smiling for a while, but mostly just before she'd spit up.  It's now occasionally associated with her being happy or entertained by us or what's going on around her.
  • She's a screamer.  I keep reading about crying being a latent sign of hunger--not always the case with this girl.  She often goes from zero to screaming in about 2 seconds.  I'm starting to be able to tell some of her screams apart.  It's really obvious when she wants her paci--it's almost like fake cries, and in between them, she'll seem totally content.  If she gets increasingly loud without taking a break between screams, she's definitely hungry.
  • She's very handsy.  Her hands and fingers are all over the place--Colin says she throws gang signs, and we have several pictures of her flipping the bird.  When she gets really excited about eating, she squeezes and pulls on her cheeks with her fingers.   She also flares her toes (spreads them all the way apart like fingers!), which seem really long for a baby--especially if you've seen the short little toes I have! 
  • She earned the name Baby Houdini very early on, escaping from pretty much any wrap. She has a harder time with the Miracle Blanket we're using now, but still gets her legs out on occasion.
  • Just started showing a lot of interest in her play gym this week.  Her swing has been her favorite since birth--a total lifesaver for us!
  • Loves bath time.  This is daddy's duty, and he says they have a little game they play. Colin, because he's stubborn and I suggested otherwise, takes her diaper off in the bedroom before carrying her to the bathroom sink for her bath.  He says she immediately tightens up, and tries to tinkle and/or poop (my words, not his) on his shirt before he makes it to the sink.  She's been the winner of this game quite a few times.  I'll usually hear him crack up from downstairs, which is hilarious if you know what a clean freak he usually is.

1 comment:

  1. You take such beautiful pics of Olivia! She really is a little doll. We need a playdate for Olivia and Colin very soon!

    ReplyDelete