Wednesday, December 30, 2009

December Highlights and 5 Months




We had a little Gingerbread House decorating party before we headed out of town for Christmas.  Lee won the kit for being the tackiest person at the annual Beavers Tacky Sweater Party, and brought it for us to decorate in Olivia's honor--note the O over the door!  We got a few good pics before the roof caved in, and you can tell she was impressed with our skills.

It was a busy season for us this year.  I worked late more than normal, and we had lots of fun Christmas events to attend.  Olivia got to spend some quality time with Cara, Quynh, and CC while we were out celebrating, which I know she loved.  

Also, I missed Olivia's 5 month post on the 15th, but here's what's new with her lately:
  • If her paci's in and she wants to talk, she blows it out of her mouth with a "Buh" sound and can shoot it a couple of feet away.  She used to just talk around it.  I need to work on getting this on video.
  • She bucks like a horse when she gets excited about something.  When Bruiser, Trixie's little Chihuahua, comes within eyesight she really gets going--mouth wide open like she wants to eat him up, bug eyes, and her entire body bucking up and down, and back and forth.  Hold on tight, cause she's trying to break loose!
  • She came full force out of her early December hunger strike when we took Dr. Denton's suggestion and spread her feedings out to 4 hours.  She's now eating 7-8 oz every 4 hours or less, and she's really gotten the hang of "real" food.  Bananas with rice cereal seem to be the fav, but I haven't seen her turn her nose up at anything yet.  We've tried peas, applesauce, bananas, and rice cereal so far.  I can't wait to see her weight at her next check-up--I think there may be evidence of a growth spurt.
  • If she's not hungry or gassy, she really is the sweetest, happiest, chattiest little thing.  She's got such a great little personality.  Loves to grin, laugh, and squeal.  If she's hungry, though, you'd better feed her fast--clearly she gets this from me.  
  • She really wants to sit up by herself, but she's not quite there.  If she's on her back and wants to be upright, she'll strain over and over again, lifting her neck and trying to get her back off the ground.  She still hates tummy time, but she loves standing up with a little help.  I'm afraid she might walk before she crawls!
  • We're back to sleeping through the night--sometimes.  She seems to wake up early with gas pains fairly often, and by the time the Mylicon kicks in, she's wide awake and ready to eat. It usually takes giving her both the Mylicon and a bottle, and then she's right back to sleep.  
  • I swore she was teething (and still think there was some pre-teething movement going on beneath the surface) for several weeks starting Thanksgiving week, but we still have no teeth in sight.  Her mouth doesn't seem to be bothering her lately.  

No comments:

Post a Comment