
Great-Mammaw, Bub, and Olivia


Olivia and Adam Elf

Otis loves to travel.
Colin or I sit in the back with Olivia, so Otis gets to ride shotgun.

So sleepy from all this travel!
We have a little family guideline for Thanksgiving that typically seems to work out well for us--we do Thanksgiving in Pine Bluff when the Razorbacks are in LR for Thanksgiving, so we're close enough to make it to the game. Then, every other year, we go to Texarkana. This year, we had a very close family friend pass away unexpectedly just before Thanksgiving, and wanted to be in Pine Bluff for the funeral, so we stopped in there for a day before heading on to T-Town. It was one of the saddest times I've experienced, but the bright spot was that both sides of our family got a little O time Thanksgiving week. I was pretty lazy about taking pictures, so only a few to show. I do need to explain more about Adam Elf. Olivia adores Adam--he's a sure bet for a big grin from Miss O. Trixie bought Olivia a signed copy of Elf on the Shelf for Christmas. (Shhh...it's a surprise!) When she was getting the book signed, she was talked into also purchasing this stuffed version of the Elf for Olivia to play with before Christmas. Because her granddaughter is a girl, Trixie was told that she also definitely had to buy the Elf a skirt in order to "make him a girl." Well, let's just say no one was fooled. O's Elf is clearly a boy in a skirt who, as Aunt Stella pointed out, really does look remarkably similar to Adam Lambert. Thus, our Elf was named.
That is too funny about Adam Elf. He does look like Adam Lambert! LOL!! I am so sorry for your loss, but happy you got to see both sides of the family during the holidays! Enjoy your first Christmas with O.
ReplyDelete