I wrote this last week and wanted to add a picture, but just haven't gotten to it yet. Decided I'd publish it before it was all old news!
Someone probably should have warned me that once she crawled, the days of looking away from her for just a second would be essentially over. Just this morning she bathed herself in Otis's water bowl (and I mean drenched, head-to-toe) before we left for the doctor. She's bolted for the big staircase twice and smaller steps 3 times in the last two days, and almost escaped me each time--Colin's been resisting installing a gate, and I think we can safely say it needs to be done immediately. She's also found more things to chew on than you can imagine, including but definitely not limited to an iphone charger plug, a heating pad plug, an air purifier plug, Colin's signed/framed D-Mac jersey, the legs of the ironing board, the bathroom scale, a knob that she pulled off the toilet, every shoe in the house, Otis's toy bone and his tennis ball, an antique ceramic hog, and I could go on and on. I knew we'd have to move breakables out of her reach, lock cabinets, plug sockets, etc, but just had no awareness of all the things in her grasp that I'd really prefer not be in her mouth!
My signed/framed D-Mac jersey??!!!
ReplyDelete