Saturday, July 9, 2011

Big Week Off

We had a little family vacation in Hot Springs, taking off this week after the 4th. So we left town Friday the 1st. Olivia went to school and Colin went to work for the first half of the day. I knew from O's day sheet that we were starting this vacation off with a bang. Two notes from her teacher--and I'm quoting from the picture I took of her sheet because I was so pleased:
1. "POTTY!!!"
2. "Olivia says 'Bless You' to her classmates when they sneeze! So polite! =)"

(These notes contrast the "No Nap" we saw on her day sheet the day before. Not a good day.)
Olivia had gone on the potty a few times at home, but only when we sat her there pre-bath. This time she told her teachers she had to go. Big progress. She has gone once or twice a day since then and (warning: TMI) even #2 once. We switched to pull-ups for this reason, but I'm not pushing the issue. Not sure I'm ready to get into full potty training mode just yet.

And her "Bless You" just makes me smile. I'm assuming she does this because I say it to her when she sneezes, but I just love the little things that she picks up without anyone truly trying to teach. And you can't really recreate the situation, so it's a lucky few who get to experience it. A couple of days later at the condo pool, I sneezed and she said "Bless You Mommy!" so excitedly. I caught a glimpse of a lady on the other side of the pool cracking up. She later stopped my mom on a walk with Olivia and the puppies, and said "OH, you're the one with that precious little girl at the pool", and told her about Olivia's wonderful manners. I loved it.

We had a great week of swimming at the pool, boating, floating, tricycling, and spending time with lots of family and friends. Olivia even got to have her first trip to Lake Ouachita, which I was beyond thrilled about. Besides being so much fun, Ouachita is just a big trip down Memory Lane for me. I hope Jenny invites us back out on her fancy new boat soon!
























No comments:

Post a Comment